4 mai 2011



















As an artist I am searching for connections. I gather aspects and associations, hints and lore, trying to map out my area of interest. It is a balance between craft and experiments, chance and control. Jewellery is powerful objects and as a jeweller I tread an ancient path. When I use an unrefined material I cultivate it. I dominate and bend it to my will or let it go out of my control for a while before shortening the leash. Jewellery pieces have a tradition of being precious personal carriers of memory and social status. They have therefore been handled with care. I like the thought of a jewel being lost, found, re-made, inherited and worn during a life time – that the piece of jewellery has a life span longer and separate from mine.
Copyright owned by Jenny Klemming.

















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

vos messages ...